Meinhardt provides interior lighting design for private residences, resorts, retail & commercial buildings. Externally, our lighting design input can enhance the appearance of hard & soft landscaping, facades & building features.
Our approach to lighting design encompasses three basic elements:
- Professionally and academically qualified staff.
- Use of latest design technology.
- An “Engineering” approach to lighting design that enhances the intellectual product into a package that is well coordinated with other design disciplines and integrates into the overall building design solution.
Our aim is to provide lighting designs that:
- Provide sustainable lighting that incorporate daylighting, minimizing the need for artificial light, optimizing the illumination levels for the lowest energy investment commensurate with visual appearance.
- Provide a healthy and comfortable environment for the end user.
- Provide safe, visually interesting enhancement of architectural features.
- Consider the “Engineering” of lighting installations by considering, detailing, fixing methods, energy consumption, re-lamping requirements and spare part replacement.
- Pay due cognizance of building occupation and use so that lighting switching or dimming provide quick, efficient control in convenient locations.
- Consider the maintainability of lighting installation by rationalizing the lamp type and sizes, spare parts inventories and accessibility for maintenance.