Commissioning Authority (CxA)
We are looking for someone with an interest in CxA work to work with Meinhardt on green building projects to help:
- Improve overall client satisfaction
- Reduce construction delays
- Ensure MEP systems are commissioned properly and operate efficiently, with consequent improved user satisfaction and reduced energy costs.
The CxA’s role includes:
- Verify the client’s requirements are being met during the design and construction phases.
- Verify that the building is properly commissioned at handover.
The CxA’s responsibilities shall include overseeing all MEP commissioning activities, but with special focus on energy use related systems such as:
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Hot water systems
- Controls and BMS
- Renewable Energy Production
This is the exciting opportunity to work with an international company and develop your CxA skills and capabilities whilst helping to promote sustainable design solutions.
Carry out the role of the Commissioning Authority (CxA) from the design through to construction and final handover of new building and renovation projects which are seeking green building certification (LEED, TREES, etc).
- Review and comment on the Owner Project Requirements (OPR)
- and Basis of Design (BOD) documents to ensure correlation and compliance with LEED requirements
- Collaborate with the design team to carry out a commissioning design review, including with Meinhardt’s engineering design team, to improve constructability and functionality.
- Develop and implement a commissioning plan and specifications.
- Co-ordinate with the construction team on all commissioning matters
- Oversee material approval on related equipment
- Develop and/or review T&C document templates (pre-functional and functional checklist, etc) from contractors and suppliers before approval.
- Oversee the T&C process and issue commissioning logs to the construction team to follow up
- Verify the O&M manuals and operator training.
- Collect documents to complete the final commissioning report
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Eng (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of commissioning MEP systems in buildings. Experience of LEED projects is a plus.
- Excellent English skill (speaking, report writing) TOEIC >750, or IELTS > 6
- Strong communication and presentation skills are essential for coordinating and communicating with the project team, including the project owner, designers, contractors, and other related parties in the projects.
- Efficient document control
- Dental Insurance
- Five-day work week
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- 10 days Annual Leave
- Annual Health Check-Up
- Annual Bonus
- Provident Fund